2017: Top Cloud Computing Trends Set to Dominate the Market

4 min read

With the help of cloud computing, many enterprises has revolutioised the way they do business in the last couple of years. However, experts believe the market is set to be ushered into a new era in 2017.

According to a study from Forrester Research, cloud computing will strength this year as more businesses and CIOs migrate to the cloud while seeking to gain efficiencies by scaling their computer resources to improve client services.
The acceleration of the cloud market with public, private and hybrid cloud implementations will be driven by CIOs as they try to take advantage of the cloud’s economies of scale and to build core applications.

According to analysts, these major features will define cloud computing in 2017.

Cognitive computing will be anchored by the cloud

Our lives are continually being shaped and defined by an ocean of data that surround us and has become an integral part of our daily living both at home and at work. The fact today, is that data is outgrowing our ability to make sense of it.
To put in a clearer perspective, 80 percent of the infinite sea of data on the globe — gathered and store by computer — is unknown, unseen and unusable by human.

The hybrid cloud market is continually developing servers, storage and software that provide cognitive solutions enabled by computer systems that can reason, understand and learn.

Enterprise cloud

Currently, enterprise cloud is taken for hyperconvergence. That is a cloud system that is makes possible a virtual office, with a user self-service and reporting.

But enterprise cloud should be an all-inclusive suite with tools for design, provisioning, management and reporting on hybrid clouds with each service hosted and operated on the best suited platform.

With web hosting services such as Umbrellar cloud hosting and domain name registration, users are more assured of a better and more tailored cloud hosting solutions that help them stamp their digital presence on the world.


The popularity of hyperconvergence will reach new heights in 2017, but it is also expected to come with new solutions soon.

Hyperconverged systems are important elements in creating base cloud infrastructure. Presently, however, they essentially provide standard platforms that support in-house virtual environments; which is some way off from what organisations actually need as compared to what they offer. The current configuration only offers 20percent of the required integration, leaving users to do the rest 80 percent themselves.

Cloud architecture

More organisations will seek to develop cloud architecture skills to enable seamless migrations to the cloud.

Building systems for cloud, or developing the optimal method to migrate current services to the cloud, requires different competencies from key IT infrastructure design.

With public cloud services, organisations will no longer be able to configure each element to suit the unique features of their application or service, as they will now be served with a standard set of building that must be integrated and cannot be tweaked. This will prompt an increase in the number of enterprises that will seek to develop cloud architecture competencies.

Big data

Big data is used in several situations and organisations today to solve problems, as businesses and pubic organisations can now automate and refine their operations.

For example, using real-time and historical data analytics made possible by cloud computing software, police departments don’t have to blanket the entire city with patrol cars in order to forecast likely crime spots and reduce crimes.

Cloud will enhance user web security

The latter stage of 2016 was dominated by news of cyber hacking and spying, which are serious security threats to classified data for businesses, governments and individuals.

As more enterprises migrate to the cloud, the security concerns will still loom in the background for many of the intending adopters. However, major cloud providers are not unaware of the security threat and are taking extraordinary steps to securely protect information and confidential data stored on servers.

You May Also Like

More From Author

+ There are no comments

Add yours

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.