Useful tips for creating a slogan into a logo. A slogan is a proposition that briefly defines or represents the mission of an organization.
The development of brands and markets imaging has become the slogans in a brief and dramatic statement that summarizes the functional and symbolic benefits of a brand or product.
A slogan should emphasize something essential and if possible, distinguishing your organization. From belief to characteristics and benefits, a slogan should explain why a signature is unique, or at least, set your main message or competitive advantage.
Slogans have been part of the communication of the brands since the beginning of marketing as a discipline.
Successful slogans tend has to respect these simple rules
- Short and simple (3-4 words)
- Positive Affirmation
- Includes a benefit / key feature
- It’s original, not used by any other company
Types of slogans
- Descriptive: They tend to describe what the company does
- Emotional: They tend to express a feeling associated with business
Suggestions for the development of a slogan
- Think about your business first, then its slogan: A slogan is a synthesis of the entire marketing strategy.3-4 to find right words, you need to know your market, your product and your competition.
- Market: Know who is going and what kind of speech that customers understand.
- Product: Know the characteristics of your product / service and the benefits perceived by its customers.
Competition meets the drivers of product differentiation. These aspects are articulated in their marketing strategy. To communicate its strategy successfully, it must have been previously developed. Once you have a positioning company / product / service defined, more easily find the concept to communicate, and finally the slogan to communicate its position.
You may also like to read another article on Web-Build: Tips for proper web design
- If not brief and memorable, not a slogan: Extensive slogans generate numerous conflicts, both from a chart as semantically.Apply a large slogan in small (business cards, for example) is graphically difficult, and detrimental to the appearance of the piece design.
During the process of designing your logo, slogan including the impact on the layout (layout) design. An extensive slogan requires the designer to adjust the size of the company name to maintain its prominence. Consequently, the iso type (the “symbol”) must be provided to the name and slogan. As a result, the logotype is conditioned by the slogan, rather than being designed to communicate the concept of your company / product.
Communicative, a large slogan does not produce the intended impact, because it increases their linguistic and syntactic complexity. The slogan becomes an object of decipherment that emphasizes mediation own language. By deviating the focus of the logo to the slogan, the “idea” behind the slogan devours the logo.
- It is better good after that bad now: Creating a slogan requires prior considerations and definitions.If you do not have a slogan when generating a piece of communication, it is preferable not to include it.Subsequent corrections, printed waste will be avoided and foremost, your customers will not see a change message which is usually interpreted as a sign of improvisation and lack of professionalism.